Sunday, November 2, 2008

Shadow

Chapter 1



The wretched feel of cold metal against my fingertips brings a shiver up my spine, but I've gone too far to look back now. Maybe it's fear that makes me shiver, maybe it's just the anticipation. Only a dirty beam of light shines through the tattered blinds but it's enough to make out my eyes in the sharpened metal. Eyes once full of life now only empty shells, a pale blue waste. Life fails around me, dull tiles lay shattered on the floor leaving holes on the dingy walls where they hung years ago. The rust, the grease and grime of years of neglect, is only shadowed by the darkness. So here I sit, cold and alone, with the remains of my shattered dreams scattered around me. There are a thousand things that brought me to this point, but it all started with her.
Her eyes, a deep forest green, met mine in a memory of a dream that was never mine. In a world of varying shades of gray. Across a room filled with blurred faces and music that I couldn't hear was her, my Sadie.
Sometimes I see things, I’m not always sure what I’m seeing, but I see something. I think they are warnings, or signs, I call them glimpses.
My name is Jason Shadley, but everyone just calls me Shadow. This is my story.

No comments:

xanga stats